Spending a long hot summer in Kuwait is a challenge when you want to make sure your kids are entertained…. As much as you are creative in the home they really do need a change of scenery before driving you crazy.
The next challenge is the budget….there’s always the battle of doing things free vs. paying and also things that are meaningful.
So in this list you’re going to find Free options, cost effective & frugal suggestions and off course those that add up to a “budget”
1. Discovery Mall Play Area
2. Go out for lunch (My girls choices are wither Chillis or Red Lobster and for a pricier choice Sushi at Genki in Alrayya)
3. Go to Fantasy world or Toys R Us for fun (No purchase necessary)
4. Go to Ikea and let the kids play for free in their play area
5. Go out for Breakfast or Brunch (our personal favorites are Cocoa Room or Bredz)
6. Baroue Play area
8. Color Me Mine
9. Go have dessert
10. Go to Al-Othman Museum
11. Go to the movies.
12. Magic Planet
13. Go to 100 fils store and give your child KD 1.000 (that adds up to 10 items of their choice)
14. Go out for Ice Cream (our choices are either Marble Slab in Jabriya or Scoop a cone in Dasma)
15. Go to Q8 Bookstore for a fun reading experience. (located in Bayt lothan Instagram @Q8bookstore)
16. Go grocery shopping… Make it fun by letting the kids push the cart, read the list and collect the items.
17. Go to Fun Quest (upstairs in Sultan Center Hawalli)
18. Go Bowling
19. Go play mini Golf (Discovery Mall)
20. Get a Day pass at one of the “clubs” (cornice, Palms….etc)
21. Go to the scientific center
22. Go on a fashion trying outfits (no purchase necessary)
23. Attend one of the workshops at Art Space Café (Instagram @ARTSPACEQ8)
24. Go to Jareer Bookstore
25. Go Ice Skating
26. Go to friend’s house
27. Go to KDD factory
28. Go to a photographer and have a photo shoot
29. Go to Tariq Rajab Museum
30. Go to Early Learning Center
31. Go to the Avenues and do some window shopping
32. Go to Kuwait Towers
33. Go to Aqua Park or Messila water Park
34. Go to the Salon and get Mani, Pedi, Haircut….etc
35. Go to the Fish Market
36. Take the Ferry to Failaka Island
37. Go to Infunity
38. Go to National Museum
39. Go to a department store and smell perfumes for fun
40. Go to Kuwait National Library
41. If the Weather permits some real “outdoor” Suggestions are
42. Shaab Entertainment Park
43. Entertainment City
44. Area parks
45. Duck Pond park in Al-Shaab
46. Have a picnic
47. Outside play area at the Marina Crescent
48. Go rock climbing in Marina Waves
49. Outside play area at Souq Sharq
50. Go for a walk on the beach
51. Go to Shuwaikh Beach
Hope you found this list helpful and assisted in Making Life Memorable
Dear Readers, followers, bloggers and those little stalker/lurkers
We will be upgrading a few things on the site and may have to stop posting for a few days… I will try my best to keep them coming until completely necessary……
Stay tuned ‘cuz I’m gonna continue to share how I keep Making Life Memorable!
I can’t believe there’s just 2 weeks left for my girls to go back to school. I feel like it was just yesterday that it was their last day and I was beginning to hyperventilate thinking how will I keep them occupied.
Well In my frenzy I looked up many online resources to make sure I never ran out of ideas. Amazingly we always had something to do!!
Our days were kept at a routine basis. First thing breakfast…. Lots of times the girls helped out in the kitchen which was an event on it’s own!!!
Then there’s always the list of “Summer Homework” assigned to them. Throughout the year I buy workbooks as soon as I see them because I never know if I’ll find them when I need them. I usually have the girls do 2 pages in addition to reading and a small writing assignment for Jennah…
We then move on to free play…..this usually involves a big mess which they know they will have to clean (thankfully that takes a while so it’s also in the category of something to do) Or we have a suggestion and negotiation of what they can or can’t play/do. Check out my list of Things to do Indoors with Kids.
Off course there’s always the outing possibility…. Unfortunately that most of what we’ve done is always indoors (with the exception of swimming) because it’s just toooooo Hot in Kuwait. I’ll also have another list for you to check of Outings in Kuwait with Kids soon.
Hope this has inspired you in making your own lists for those future holidays coming up!
So go ahead and spend time with your kids while Making Life Memorable…
I can’t decide if digital pictures are a curse or a blessing. We are blessed to have such amazing technology that we can take pictures and videos with our smart phones… Any time, any place, instant development, over and above we can share them on our social media for basically Everyone in the world to see….. Yet once I upload them, back them up it seems that I never go back to them….
Seriously!! I was going through files and files in order to find a specific picture from one of the girls’ birthday.
It took me HOURS because I ended up just viewing whatever file I opened because I saw pictures I didn’t even remember I had.
Ok I have to admit I’m really guilty when it comes to organizing them…yes that is a flaw in my OCD, DYI, organization fixation. I even attempted to make sure I put them on Shutterfly. It doesn’t seem to be enough….
It’s funny how something so good as digital photography can turn out to be overwhelming while I’m busy “Making Life Memorable” I’m also having an inner battle as to how to organize my memories…..
It’s funny how sometimes life takes over and you’re just busy doing your daily routine that it takes you maybe days (or months) to realize that you’ve lost your groove.
In my case it could be overwhelmed with life. Apart from the punches it has thrown at us, we ( my husband and I) have kept it together this past year. Hoping that come September our mission to keep on track should fall into place (insert prayer here!)
I’ve taken these past few days to make a list of the things that I have to get back on the wagon. The first I shared with you yesterday which was the “Return of blogging” so mission one seems to go as planned as I’m still typing
Having kids and keeping them entertained and busy is always a challenge for parents. When you have issues like weather to worry about be it dust, heat, rain or for the lucky ones snow the challenge seems to be bigger.
I have came up with a list of things for myself that I would like to share and hopefully assist parents & their kids. This is in no way a static list!! I keep adding but it’s a start for you….. Mind you I have 2 girls so you’re probably going to notice that many of the suggestions are girl oriented (Sorry Boys!)
2. Play with blocks
5. Make homemade Play dough.
6. Play with Play Dough.
7. Build a fort with pillows, bed sheets, chairs and
8. Read and let the kids act out the story
10. Dress up and create a play
11. Play Tea party
12. Do Puzzles
13. Play Board games
14. Play Uno or cards
15. Take a bubble bath and play with bathroom toys & crayons
16. Have a spa day with lots of lotions, hair curlers and nail polish
17. Play with Barbies or Action Men.
18. Build lego or happyland village
19. Make an obstacle course
20. Make Sock Puppets and create a puppet show.
21. Design a T-Shirt with Fabric Markers
22. Make Popsicles.
23. Make Paper Airplanes
24. Play with Chalboard and Chalk or Whiteboard
25. Play with Bubbles
26. Prepare a dinner buffet… we usually make fresh burgers and put all the fixens on the table.
27. Make cookies
29. Make an Experiment
30. Organize the playroom.
32. Finger & Foot Paint
33. Make your own treasure hunt
34. Have an indoor picnic
35. Play hide and seek
36. Paint rocks or shells
37. Play hairdresser
38. Wash all the barbies
39. Make fruit salad
40. Movie night with popcorn
41. Make bead Jewlery
42. Make pizza
43. Create an architecture project using marshmallows & toothpicks
44. Plant fruit seeds into indoor pots
45. Skip rope and hula hoop
46. Choose an interesting topic and research on google
47. Have a fashion show
48. Make a volcano
49. Make paper mâché
50. Have friend & cousins over
I’ve been so overwhelmed with “living” that I haven’t had time to dedicate to my blog.
To my followers I truly apologize for being too busy, but I hope that you follow me on Instagram (@samoorstuff) to stay tuned. To all new readers I hope to bring you into my life through my blog.
I’m hoping that today will be the day that I get my groove back and I’m calling it BLOG REHAB.
So stay tuned for more inspiration, fun stuff, DIY projects and more ways to Make Life Memorable!